Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

WOW... 11.11.11

Such an interesting date for this Veterans Day, don't you think? Very fitting to be honoring our soldiers on such a day as this. I would like to thank all the men and women of the armed forces for their dedication to the citizens of this country, to lay their lives on the line to serve and protect our rights and freedoms. Thank You!

I am thrilled to be writing from our nations capital... Washington D.C..  I've been dying to get out here, to visit Arlington, the Vietnam wall... the monuments... and finally, my dream has come true. 

As some of you may know, there is an Operation Write Home blog hop going on today.  I LOVE this organization, so kind and thoughtful. 

I was asked to do a card for the Hero Blog... and guess what I did???  I used a new stamp set from the 2012 catalog.  It is specifically for OWH. How awesome is that???


I am absolutely in LOVE with the combination of Vintage Photo and Broken China together!!!  Here's a closer peek.


I'll have the supplies for you at the bottom of this post... But in the meantime, I have a really old video of my hubba hubba husband back when he was in the Marine Corp.  So proud he served.  He was such a young nervous pup...kinda melts my heart all over again!!! Sorry about the sound, afterall... he's on a ship.


Thanks everyone, I hope you have a fantastic day and week-end! Oh and did I tell you that I am with my Jemmifer???? I just LOVE her. Happy times!

And now for the supplies

13 comments :

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your colours & the sentiment!

Lin said...

I love this combination, too, Shari, and the camo-backgound couldn't be more perfect. Could you tell me where I can find that bracket border die or edge punch that you used?

Barb said...

Sounds like the two of you will have a wonderful, meaningful time in DC. Love your beautiful card - so perfect for OWH! And uhhh . . .is your hubby handsome or what?! Hugs! :)

Bunnyfreak said...

Love this card. Can't wait till these stamps are released.

Anne said...

Beautiful card for OWH Shari and I'm so glad you finally got out to the DC area to see our nations capital!

Looking forward to the new catalog!

Barbara said...

Love the card and my friends and I were having a craft day today and we saw the card on the HA blog and knew it was your card before we saw your name! We watched the video for the button tree card and loved that too! We all agreed that we love your style of card-making and that your videos are among the best, because we always learn something! Have fun in DC...a great day to be there and thanks to all those who sacrifice to preserve our freedom and keep this country strong!

Barb said...

i love the card! so much sacrifice from your family...that video is so sweet!!! love it! he's very handsome hubba hubba :) he obviously loves his cutie...i teared up watching it. must have been hard to be away from him...

bethann d said...

what a cute hubby, love the card, perfect to send to DS away at school. love everything you make, you inspire me

Redanne said...

Hi Shar, what a beautiful card and very fitting for the occasion. Please, please come back to the UK soon.......love the video, he is still as handsome now! Regards Anne x

Heidi said...

OMG! What a TREASURE! Oh he is handsome!! Do you have a pic of the two of you together when you were first married?

Great to see one of the greatest teachers that ever lived - LIVE - and in action.

Big hugs!
Heidi

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful post! I love the multiple stamping of the clock image, such a gorgeous design, as always!

Virginia L. said...

Amazing card for OWH, Shari! Your style is so very inspiring! And wow, that video is definitely a TREASURE! Thanks so much for sharing this precious video!

donna mikasa said...

I just love your card! Looking forward to the new stamps. And your hubs was--and I'm sure still is--really hubba hubba!