Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BOO!

Did I scare you?

This past week-end I had a play with one of Kerri Bradford's This & That kits. This is my first card as part of her design team.  For some reason I am in the mood for Halloween.  I love the rich colors and the whimsical Haunted House.  



I created the "Tombstone" shape in the Silhouette software by welding a circle and rectangle together, them placed the bat with-in a circle to mock a moon before I cut it out.  

 

I also tried something different... I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy) on the bat and fence.  It dries so fast and gave me the texture I wanted.  Such a superb product!!!

After using Distress Inks with an applicator to color my shapes, I stamped them with larger background images. I blotted the Envelope Pattern image with a baby wipe to give it a more imperfect look.
 ........................................................

I am getting ready to head up to Minnesota on Thursday to attend the annual Archiver's Scrapfest. Have you been there?  It's a week-end packed full of friends, make and takes and classes... all held within the confines of the Mall of America.   If you're able to attend, come on by and see Jennifer and I, we are sharing a booth with the lovely ladies of Basic Grey.

This year I'm bringing my son Scooter with me so he can visit with my husbands family.... and catch a Twins game.  I'm going to put him to work first thing setting up our booth.  What's he going to say...no???

I hope you all have a great week!
.........................................................
Supplies

27 comments :

Kath Stewart said...

such a spooktacular card shari...Scrapfest is definitely on my list of places to visit..hopefully one day...have lots of fun...hugs kath xxx

Dawn T said...

such a fabulous card Shari.

joy said...

Love that haunted house and the rock candy did a great job, too!

Barb said...

Wow, Shari, I'll bet Kerri is thrilled to have you on her design team! This is AWESOME! Such a fun card!

I'll see you at Scrapfest in 3DAYS!! I'm so excited. . .can't wait! :)

Chari Moss said...

Wow! This is so fabulous!!!! I want to go home and play with my distress inks now after seeing this. Totally pinning this for future inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing Shari!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Amazing! Love what you've done with Kerri's kit. I have this one so I need to get crackin on the Halloween cards. :) Have fun at Scrapfest!

Jingle said...

I love this card! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!!!! Can't believe it's almost that time of year, but you're getting me in the mood for some Halloween crafting!

Shelley said...

Amazing!!!

Anne said...

Love the tombstone shape you created and the spooky scene is fabulous!

Looking forward to seeing you and Jennifer at Scrapfest again this year and great idea to bring your son along- I bet he'll have fun helping out and going to a Twins game!

Natasha Kara said...

Aww... I am so gonna miss not being there this year. I had such fun last year. :) I'll be throwin myself a little pitty party all the way over here in Toronto:) Hope to catch it again next year:) Have fun:)
Love the card btw... off to check out some of Kerri's designs:)

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL and INSPIRING work! Love this project! Have fun at Scrapfest. Too bad that I can't make it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shari! You make me smile with your creations! I love this!! I bet you enjoyed making it, too! :)

Sue

Eveline said...

Great card. I love the shape of the card and the scene you created.
Eveline.

cheiron said...

This is fabulous. Love the layers and Distress Inking. Have a great time at Scrapfest!

Anthonette said...

Hi Shari,
I've got to say, that is one heck of a stunning card!

Shirley N said...

Such a beautiful and inspiring card Shari!

Debbie C said...

What a fantastic card. Love how you've used stamps w/the die cuts! Thanks for sharing.

donna mikasa said...

Spooktastic card! Love the tombstone shape--so clever! Have an awesome time at Scrapfest!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow!! That house is really fabby looking, love the bats, everything!

Sonia said...

Stunning!! I just love this card!! Halloween is my favorite holiday, and this card just has me grinning from ear to ear!!!!

Karen said...

Love this Shari!!! I'm so glad your on the design team, you already inspire so many and now a whole new audience with the silhouette. Wish I was going to Scrap Fest! Maybe next year! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the Halloween card, Shari! I've been working on some spooky projects myself...love Halloween! :)

So glad to see you & Jennifer again this year at ScrapFest. Sorry I couldn't be at the dinner...sounds like you all had a great time! I hope you are catching up on your rest now...

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I love this card Shari! Halloween is one of my favourite holidays and this is just spooktacular! :)

Redanne said...

Love the Halloween card. Please come back to the UK soon!

Redanne said...

Enjoyed your work on Jennifer's Inspiration Showcase too.

- - Sheryl - - said...

this is fabulous